Freelance Technical Proposal Writer Consultant Positions (05)
ICRD is seeking highly seasoned freelance writing consultants in the field of development, humanitarian and education who will be responsible for writing technical proposals in response to various solicitations. The consultants will be responsible for the development of a technical narrative that is compliant with client requirements based on collaborative consultation with ICRD technical staff. If you are you able to write in a detailed, factual and convincing manner then this position will be interesting to you.
We are looking for five (05) skilled technical freelance consultants who will prepare technical proposals in humanitarian and development sectors for assignments in the fields below. These positions will be filled on rolling basis beginning in June 2020.
- Responsible for driving strategic activities associated with the Request for Proposal (RFPs) process
- Prepare technical proposals from reading and interpreingt solicitations
- Research, organize and synthesize information to ensure the highest quality of service is provided, while remaining consistent with the ICRD policies
Qualifications and skills
- At least Master’s degree or higher qualification in their field of expertise or other related field or in its absence, equivalent professional experience of 5 years. Candidates with Monitoring and Evaluation, Project management, Research and Analytics qualifications are preferred.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience in the management and/or evaluation of projects such as baseline and end line evaluations.
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex technical information into a highly readable, concise, and persuasive narrative that clearly communicates the win strategy
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and effectively manage numerous tasks to consistently meet deadlines. Need to be able to simultaneously and effectively work on assignments with required turnaround times of less than a three days
- Excellent computer skills.
- International experts from Africa and beyond are encouraged to apply and should have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
These positions will be filled on rolling basis beginning in June 2020.
- Interested consultants with more than 5 years’ experience are asked to apply and indicate area of expertise on the subject.
- Trainer consultant should indicate daily/hourly rate while evaluation experts are asked to indicate daily rate.
- All consultants should also indicate the notice period before they can take assignments.
- Training consultants can apply for more than one field and/or both advertised positions. However, this must be in two separate applications.
If you are interested to work with us and your profile matches the expertise required, please send copies of your certificates and testimonials, updated CVs with referees, cover letter, writing Sample, and hourly rate to email@example.com by close of business 30th June 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. These positions will be filled on rolling basis beginning in June 2020. Further information regarding our work can be found at our website: http://www.ic4rd.org
ICRD work is led by qualified professionals who are ably assisted by a committed team of experienced multi – disciplinary technical advisors, staff and associate professionals. These experts have extensive experience in their respective fields of specialization which offers an excellent mix of professional expertise required to execute different assignments.
If you are a skilled professional interested in working as freelance consultants or as training consultants send us your documents and our staff will review and get in touch with you.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least Master’s degree or higher qualification in their field of expertise or other related field or in its absence, equivalent professional experience of 5 years.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience in the management and/or evaluation of projects in their field of expertise.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Good command of another UN language constitute additional asset.
- Excellent computer skills.
- International experts and beyond are encouraged to apply and should have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
If you would like to be part of our professional network, please, send your CV, addresses of three referees, certificates and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org. ICRD will include your CV and contact details in our CV database and contact you for an interview for job opportunities fitting your expertise.