Climate change (CC) threatens progress on development particularly in developing countries because they have the least capacity to cope. Adaptation to climate change in these countries is therefore critical. These adjustments in response to the negative impacts of climate change are necessary as they are locally focused and inexpensive.
Adaptation efforts based at the local level addresses exposure of vulnerable recipients to the adverse impacts of climate change. Community based climate change adaptation identifies and facilitates local development activities that strengthen the capacity of local people to adapt to the capricious climate. This approach employs participatory processes and disaster risk reduction.
Participants will acquire knowledge and skills to:
- Identify various Community Based Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience (CBCCA&R) approaches;
- Highlight the causes of global climate change and the impacts to development;
- Clarify how climate change adaptation and mitigation measures are linked to country development plans;
- Identify ways to reduce household and community vulnerability to climate change
- Use tools to integrate CC considerations into the community plans;
- Applying CCA knowledge into sustainable development and poverty reduction practices at the local, and other levels.
- Outline participatory monitoring and evaluation (PME) and appraisal tools of community responses to CC;
5 day training
Day 1: Introduction to climate change
Day 2: Understanding community vulnerability and capacity to respond to climate change
Day 3: Developing a community climate change response
Day 4: Using communications to support your climate change plan
Day 5: Monitoring and evaluating your community climate change plan
The target groups are humanitarian and development management practitioners, non-governmental workers and government staff.
Detailed Course Description
For detailed course description and content write to email@example.com
To register, please download the application form below and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Training topics can be requested by writing to email@example.com
Cost: USD 750 for individuals; 650 for groups above 10 participants.
Training fee includes conference package (training venue, tea/coffee, lunch, snacks, wifi etc)